With autumn season knocking at the door, we can all see new fruits and vegetables available on the market. The recipe that I’m sharing with you involves a vegetable that is freshly available during the autumn season. Let’s delve into the recipe without further ado.
Nameof the recipe is “Grilled Chicken andKale Salad” and you just need the best electric smoker and a blender to get this recipe ready.
Cook Time: 48 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
- 1 ¼ lbs boned, skinned chicken breasts, halved lengthwise.
- 1 tbsp., olive oil.
- 10 oz., flat kale.
- 1 tsp pepper, divided.
- 1 tsp salt, divided.
- ¼-cup almonds chopped and toasted.
- ¼ cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped.
- 2 apples, small, firm, cored and chopped.
- 20 grams of peeled ginger.
- ½ loosely packed cup fresh mint leaves only
- 4 tbsps., extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsps., freshly squeezed lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 tbsps., fish sauce
- 1 pinch pink sea salt flakes or ½ pinch sea salt flakes
- 2 tsps., coconut palm sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh long red chili, plus extra sliced chili to serve
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only
- Start with adding all the ingredients into a Thermomix bowl and blend for 20 seconds and speed 8. Keep the mixture aside until chicken gets ready.
- Heat your electric smoker to medium-to-high heat.
- Brush chicken breasts with 1 tbsp., olive oil and season with ½ tsp., salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 4-5 minutes or until the color changes to dark golden. Flip the chicken one in between.
- Transfer the chicken to the plate and then, place Kale on the grill. Keep kale on the grill until its edges are charred and kale becomes softened. It will take around 2 minutes.
- You need to chop the chicken breast, cut the kale crosswise into thin slices and add both to a bowl.
- Add almonds, apples, and dates into the bowl and toss gently so that all the ingredients mix well.
Drizzle with dressing and serve with limehalves.
Source: Best consumer reports